Meet Your Tutor
For the last four years Hannah has been the top-rated tutor on the UK's largest online agency of private tutors.
Hannah graduated with a BSc (Hons) Biology from the University of St Andrews, where she was awarded a First in her research project on the neuromuscular disorder, Parkinson’s disease. She then qualified as a Bowen Therapy practitioner, before completing her teaching degree at the University of Sheffield.
In 2009 Hannah founded Tuition Matters and began working full time as a private tutor. She has since taught over 250 UK and international students in one-to-one, classroom, and online lessons.
Alongside this, Hannah also taught in the French private sector at the prestigious Epitech Montpellier (École pour l'informatique et les nouvelles technologies, also known as the European Institute of Technology) and has also built up strong relationships with a variety of schools within the UK. Aside from France, Hannah has previously lived and worked in the Netherlands, New Zealand, Scotland, and England and has travelled extensively internationally giving her valuable insight into different teaching methods and systems used within the education system.
Hannah specialises in tuition for students with dyslexia or slow-reading speeds, and is currently studying a Level 5 CPD award in Dyslexia Learning Support.
I appreciate that everyone learns in different ways and have found that tailored 1:1 tuition and a fresh perspective can help unblock troublesome topics and lead to an improvement in grades as well as self-confidence in the classroom.
Hannah, our full-time registered private tutor
- 2018: Level 5 Award in Supporting Adults (16+) with Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties - Dyslexia Action
- 2018: International Post-Graduate Certificate in Education iPGCE (University of Sheffield)
- 2012: Emergency First Aid at Work (British Red Cross)
- 2012: Bowen Therapy Practitioner (European College of Bowen Studies)
- 2009: BSc (Hons) Biology (University of St. Andrews)
- 2004: A-Levels - Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Maths
- 2002: European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Native Language: English (British)
- Additional Language: French (CEFR level B2)