Meet Your Tutor
For the last four years Hannah has been the top-rated tutor on the UK's largest online agency of private tutors.
Hannah Ellis - BSc (hons), cECBS, iPGCE
Hannah completed her undergraduate degree at the University of St Andrews, where she was awarded First-Class marks in her research project on the neuromuscular disorder Parkinson’s disease. She then qualified as a Bowen Therapy practitioner before completing her international teaching degree at the University of Sheffield, achieving an average mark of 83%.
In 2009 Hannah founded Tuition Matters and began working full time as a private tutor. She has since taught over 500 UK and international students in one-to-one, classroom, and online lessons.
Alongside this, Hannah also taught in the French private sector at the prestigious Epitech Montpellier (École pour l'informatique et les nouvelles technologies, also known as the European Institute of Technology) and has also built up strong relationships with a variety of schools within the UK. Aside from France, Hannah has previously lived and worked in the Netherlands, New Zealand, Scotland, and England and has a keen interest in differing international pedagogical approaches and how this can affect attainment levels of students.
Hannah specialises in tuition for students with dyslexia or slow-reading speeds, and is currently studying a Level 5 CPD award in Dyslexia Learning Support.
I appreciate that everyone learns in different ways and have found that tailored 1:1 tuition and a fresh perspective can help unblock troublesome topics and lead to an improvement in grades as well as self-confidence in the classroom.
Hannah, our full-time registered private tutor
- 2019: Level 5 Award in Supporting Adults (16+) with Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties - Dyslexia Action
- 2018: International Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (iPGCE) - University of Sheffield
- 2012: Emergency First Aid at Work - British Red Cross
- 2012: Bowen Therapy Practitioner - European College of Bowen Studies
- 2009: BSc (Hons) Biology - University of St. Andrews
- 2004: A-Levels - Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Maths
- 2002: European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Native Language: English (British)
- Additional Language: French (CEFR level B2)